This month’s review discusses an in-press publication from Dr. Ng and colleagues. The authors documented participants’ cognitive status through a series of tests that exercised working memory. They found that hearing aid features such as digital noise reduction provide mild improvements to information retention: an effect that was more pronounced for participants with higher cognitive function.
Clinical Topics in Hearing Aid Research
Available through Amazon.com. Each paper copy includes a free Kindle version of the eBook.
- American Auditory Society 2018
- On the importance of data logging: Hearing aid wearers over-report use time
- Effective Communication Behavior During Hearing Aid Appointments
- On the Topic of Hearing Loss and Fatigue
- Hearing Aid Use Decreases Perceived Loneliness
- CONSIDERATIONS FOR MUSIC PROCESSING THROUGH HEARING AIDS
- 2016 American Academy of Audiology Foundation Board
- American Auditory Society 2016
- Listening gets more effortful in your forties
- Another piece in the puzzle of hearing aid use and cognitive decline